We offer Construction Code consultation to Attorneys, Developers, Architects, Engineers, and Contractors.
Construction Codes can be confusing, poorly written, frequently incorrectly applied, and often wrongly enforced. Yet they are binding legal requirements that have to be met for all construction projects.
We can help unlock the mysteries of these requirements and eliminate the confusion.
Have you ever had to answer any of theses questions?
1. More than one code seems to apply to an issue. Which one do I use?
2. I am renovating an existing building. Do I have to bring all of the old building up to current code?
3. I am adding to an existing building. What type of construction can I use?
4. I am converting an existing building to a new use. What do I have to do to comply with the new use?
WE CAN UNLOCK THE MYSTERIES OF CONSTRUCTION CODES
We provide a comprehensive analysis of all aspects of construction code requirements including life safety, accessibility, and the applicable model codes for building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing. Below is an example of a code analysis we generated for a recent project at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The project is an addition to one of the airport's concourses. The analysis and resultant report includes an occupant load study and egress diagrams which clearly and simply illustrate life safety compliance. The project is framed citing the applicable provisions of the full body of codes and drawings and specifications were reviewed at schematics, design development, and construction document phases to insure full code compliance.
Link to State of Georgia's Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner's website showing NFPA Codes and editions adopted by GA
Link to National Fire Protection Association website
Link to Reed Construction Data
Provides Additional Links to Required Codes for all 50 states, major cities, and some counties. Also provides contact information for Authorities Having Jurisdiction,(AHJ)
Link to United States Access Board
Link to State of Georgia's Department of Community Affairs
List Mandatory Construction Codes for GA
Link to International Code Congress,(ICC).
List free resources including access to many Construction Codes.
Link to State of Georgia ADA Coordinator's Office
Side by side comparison of the 2010 Department of Justice ADA Standard for Accessible Design, the 1994 Department of Justice ADA Standard for Accessible Design, and the 1997 Georgia Accessibility Code.
1. We maintain a compete library of construction codes, applicable nationwide.
2. We monitor all changes to model codes and standards and update our library regularly.
3. We receive newsletters from the major governing bodies such as the International Code Council and the National Fire Protection Association to keep current on developing trends and proposed and adopted changes to the model codes.
4. We carry memberships with the International Code Council (ICC), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), The United States Green Building Council (USGBC), and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
5. We conduct regular training seminars, both in-house and to professionals industry-wide, on model codes and their application to the design and construction process.
Below is a link to training material available online.
This is the same material presented at seminars in which we have participated. By using this link you are eligible for a savings of 50% off the regular price.
Link to National Fire Protection Association
Link to City of Atlanta Zoning Ordinance
Go to PART III, "Code of Ordinance Land Development, Part 16-Zoning".